Saturday, February 11, 2006

Negative Thinking

I have always been intrigued by the fact that positive effects can be generated by negative causes. See my post Nothing Causes Action on my SOA blog.

I haven't actually seen the Danish cartoons that are currently causing so much trouble, but my understanding is that in themselves they are pretty unfunny. Apparently, the only point in publishing unfunny cartoons is to upset people, and then that becomes the joke. Ha ha ha, I don't think.

The BBC has ventured to publish some Peace Cartoons that make a joke of not showing the Prophet Mohammed (peace be upon him). The winner of the competition is clever and funny and, I think, respectful. Please don't judge them until you've seen them.

See also Masood Mortazavi on The Other Cartoonist.

No comments:

Post a Comment