Sunday, July 02, 2006

Much Ado About Nothing

A few individuals have posted some long and detailed attacks on one another in the comments to some of the recent posts on this blog. Accordingly I have switched off comments to these posts. I have also received a number of direct emails, which I have been asked not to reproduce. I am now bored with the content of this debate. Frankly I couldn't care less whether certain individuals are American or Russian or Ukranian. I am much more concerned about the logical coherence of their arguments and their rudeness to one another - and sometimes to me. And I am still puzzled by the energy that (apparently) drives certain individuals to continue this (apparently) inconsequential debate.

What is the purpose of debate? To win people to your side of the argument? Or something else?

There are many activities on the internet that I find intriguing, because I can't quite work out their real purpose. The effects don't make sense. Curiouser and curiouser.